The medical assistant intern, during their time at Heart & Health, will learn the following:
- How to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management as a medical assistant under the guidance of a licensed practitioner.
- Participate and learn about the day-to-day operations of a medical office, interacting with patients and other medical staff.
- Learn established medical policies and procedures, rules and regulations to the practice, federal, state and local regulations.
- Learn and understand the use and implementation of all HIPAA guidelines.
The following skills are preferred
- Enrolled currently in a Medical Assistant program
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to handle constant interruption
- Computer skills required